MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) is a well-known format for playing music. There is something incredible with MIDI music, it’s that we can find a lot of varied music, often for free, on the web. Look at this web site to get more details about MIDI.
Try here to find and download interesting Midi files:
- http://www.midiworld.com Midi World is a huge free Midi site with varied genre : classic, pop, rock, rap, dance, punk, blues, country, movie themes, tv themes, Christmas carols, video game themes, disney themes, national anthems, jazz , hip-hop.
- https://freemidi.org Free Midi is also huge free midi site with varied genre : Rock, Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul, Classical, Country Folk, Jazz, Blues, Dance / Electric, Folk, Punk, New age.
- https://www.vgmusic.com Huge library of Midi video game. Started in 1996, thousands Midi files are available.
- http://www.midishrine.com Another site specialized in Midi video games.
But MIDI norm is quite complex to implements in an application. Luckily all the hard stuff is hidden by MPTK : it’s quick and easy for adding Midi files to MPTK. Go to the menu Tools / MPTK – Midi File Setup.
This popup windows is displayed :
- Button “Add a Midi File” : add a Midi File (filename of type .mid) from your computer to Midi Player Tool Kit.
- Button “Add From Folder” : add all the Midi Files found in a folder (filename of type .mid) from your computer to Midi Player Tool Kit.
- Button Open Folder : open the folder containing all your Midi files. Copy your Midi files in this folder to imports directly Midi files in your project.
- Select a Midi File : (optional) read the Midi file and display information in the right panel : tempo, patch, copyright, …
- Button X : delete the Midi File from the list
Now, your MIDIs are ready to be played with your application. See here how to.
- Demo video here
- Don’t forget to ask authorization for copyrighted resources!