Effects modules are available only with the Maestro MPTK Pro version.
There is two kinds of effects:
- Effects defined from SoundFont and processed with fluidsynth algo,
- Unity Effects associated to the AudioSource
Look at the inspector of the Maestro MPTK prefab (MidiFilePlayer, MidiStreamPlayer, MidiListPayer, …) to see effects parameters Synth Parameters / SoundFont Effect or Unity Effect.
By default, these effects are disabled in Maestro. To enable them, you’ll need to adjust the settings from the prefab inspector. For enhanced sound quality, it’s often beneficial to add a low-filter effect!
A SoundFont contains parameters to apply three kinds of effects: low-pass filter, reverb, chorus. These parameters can be specifics for each instruments and even each notes. See below the low-pass frequency set for Piano. Viena is a perfect tool to edit SoundFont.
Maestro MPTK effects are based on FluidSynth effects modules. Furthermore, to get more liberty from SoundFont, Maestro MPTK can increase or decrease the impact of effects (from the inspector or by script).
- Effects are applied individually to each voices in a note, yet they are statically defined within the SoundFont.
- Maestro parameters can be adjusted to increase or decrease the default values set in the SoundFont.
- These adjustments will be applied across the entire prefab, but the effect will depend on the initial settings defined in the SoundFont Preset.
- Please note that these effects require additional CPU resources. See impact of effect on DSP load here.
- See performance information here
Obviously, Unity effects are also available, but unlike SoundFont effects, they applied to the whole player. On the other hand, the Unity effects parameters are rich!
Reverb and Chorus effects can be applied directly in the prefab:
Furthermore, you can add any Audio Filter you want to the AudoSource in the prefab:
Set effect by script
All effects parameters available from Inspector can be set also by script. See detail in the the class MidiSynth documentation. See below for the SoundFont Effects:
- bool MPTK_ApplySFFilter
- float MPTK_SFFilterFreqOffset
- bool MPTK_ApplySFChorus
- float MPTK_SFChorusAmplify
- float MPTK_SFReverbAmplify