See below the change with the V2:
- New Midi Synthesizer based on the excellent fluidsynth project. Code has been converted from C to C# and, of course adapted to Unity.
- New class MidiLoad. Useful to load and process all the Midi events from a Midi without playing any sound.
- Added Karaoke Capabilities. Midi meta event can contains lyrics in Midi file synchronized with the music. See demo TestMidiFilePlayerScripting.cs and screen shot below. Also some information format here and site here.
- New SoundFont format: time to load and size divided by 20 and more compliant respect of the design of generators, modulators, envelopes …
- Added Real Time modulator (Control Change Event).
- Added Effect processing in relation with the SoundFont: low pass filter, reverb, chorus.
- Enhancement of the SoundFont import window: select a subset of banks to keep or remove from the soundfont.
- Possibility to keep all banks from the SoundFont and change bank in running mode with a Control Change event.
- Better coherence of the MPTK API. New class MPTKEvent to process all kind of Midi Event. See API documentation
- Access to the ticks information to manage an accurate position in the Midi from the inspector and from the API.
- Added new event: OnEventSynthAwake , OnEventSynthStarted
- Use of the genious ‘More Effective Coroutines’ from Trinary Software to a better Coroutines management. With this assets, the midi playing has gained in precision.
- Redesign of the demo screens. See below.
- And a lot of improvements or minor bugs corrected!
A full documentation is available within the Unity package to help you migrate.
See below some screenshots: