Midi file is a well-known format for playing music. It’s very easy to find a lot of varied music often for free on the web.
Try here to find and download interesting Midi files:
- http://www.midiworld.com Midi World is a huge free Midi site with varied genre : classic, pop, rock, rap, dance, punk, blues, country, movie themes, tv themes, Christmas carols, video game themes, disney themes, national anthems, jazz , hip-hop.
- https://freemidi.org Free Midi is also huge free midi site with varied genre : Rock, Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul, Classical, Country Folk, Jazz, Blues, Dance / Electric, Folk, Punk, New age.
- https://www.vgmusic.com Huge library of Midi video game. Started in 1996, thousands Midi files are available.
- http://www.midishrine.com Another site specialized in Midi video games but seems not responding now …
Add Midi files to MPTK is easy ! Go to the menu Tools / MPTK – Midi File Setup
This popup windows is displayed :
- Click on button “Add Midi File” to add a Midi File (filename of type .mid) from your computer to Midi Player Tool Kit.
- “Analyze”: (optional) read the Midi file and displays information in the right panel : tempo, patch, copyright, …
- “Remove”: delete the Midi File from the list
- You can also directly imports a group of midi files in your project :
- From the file explorer of your computer,
- Copy Midi files into folders MidiPlayer/Assets/MidiPlayer/Resources/MidiDB.
- Next, display the popup Midi windows. Automatically new Midid are added to MPTK.
- Demo video here
- Don’t forget to ask authorization for copyrighted resources!